Apple pie with pastry cream, the cake we had on Sundays in Garrafe de Torío and that grandmother Maria made us so fondly. One of my daughter’s favorite is that the great-grandmother was cooking like the angels. Very easy to prepare especially if the puff pastry we buy it ready-made. A few apples, cornstarch, eggs and little more is needed to enjoy this delicious cake.
We can make it perfectly lactose-free and gluten-free since now there is everything or almost everything on the market.
- 1 sheet of rectangular lactose-free and gluten-free puff pastry
- 2 large apples
- 1 little jam apricot or peach
- ½ liter of lactose-free milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 gr sugar
- 40 gr cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon liquid vanilla
- peel 1 lemon
- With the mixing trowel put on the blades to add sugar, milk, cornstarch, eggs, vanilla and peel of a lemon. Schedule 6 minutes at 90th speed 4.
- When the time is over schedule 2 minutes at speed 4 without temperature so that it will cool and does not cut.
- Once the time is over, remove the peel from the lemon, take out into a bowl and cover with film. Let warm 15 minutes.
- Roll out the puff pastry, make a fold on the edges so that the dough does not come out and prick with a fork so that it does not rise into the oven.
- To put well spread pastry cream on puff pastry.
- Make slices with apples and cover with them the pastry cream.
- Now brush the edges of the dough and the surface of the cake with a little apricot jam.
- With the oven pre-heated to 200° bake for 20 minutes until the puff pastry is slightly browned.
- When you leave the oven you can brush it another little to give it more shine.
It can freeze.