I have already told you on previous occasions that I love everything that takes puff pastry, whether sweet or salty. In fact I have previously uploaded recipes with puff pastry: Spirals of puff pastry with spinach, squares of puff pastry with spinach and feta cheese etc.
Therefore, I thought that this recipe for ham and cheese palmeritas, is great to prepare it with the help of children, because it is very easy to make and for them it is very fun to help in cooking with easy recipes. Its ingredients are very simple: puff pastry, ham and cheese. I have prepared it with homemade puff pastry, but if you give you laziness, you can do it with puff pastry super.
Now that #yomequedoencasa we take the opportunity to cook with the kids and Mycook !!!
- For homemade puff pastry:
- 200 g butter, frozen into small pieces
- 200 g from pastry flour
- 90 g of water, frost (can be changed for very cold wine)
- ½ teaspoon of sall
- For filling:
- 150 grams of york ham or serrano cut into thin slices
- 150 grams of sliced cheese
- If you use purchased puff pastry: 1 rectangular pack of puff pastry.
- Puff pastry:
- First we prepare the puff pastry, to do this put all the ingredients in the glass and schedule 20 seconds, speed 6.
- Then remove the dough from the glass, form a ball, wrap it in plastic and let it stand in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Then place the dough on a flat surface sprinkled with flour.and stretch the dough giving it a rectangle shape with a rolling pin.
- Now fold the dough into three parts by mounting one part on the other.With the front folds, re-stretch the dough into another rectangle.
- Finally repeat this operation twice more and let it rest again in the refrigerator 20 minutes before use.
- Once the time has passed, we divide it into two rectangular parts. We lay on a sheet of baking paper.
- First, we put on the sheet of puff pastry slices of ham and on top the slices of cheese.
- Then we roll on one side of the laminuntil we reach half, taking care that it is fairly tight. We do the same with the other side.
- Now roll in film wrap and leave it for about 10 minutes in the freezer to be able to cut it.
- Finally cut into slices (it has to be shaped like a palm tree), brush with egg, and put in the preheated oven about 15 minutes at 200 degrees