Enjoying good dishes at the table is not complicated with our Mycook. These pig cheeks Pedro Ximenez are delicious and are worthy of any celebration, although if you have nothing to celebrate soon you can also do them for the day to day, I assure you that you are going to suck your fingers.
The cheeks or cheeks when well cooked are tender and mellow. The final cooking time will depend on the size of the cheeks you put, you can cook them whole or split them in half so that the pieces are smaller and made better. The sauce has to be creamy, caramelized, that is sticky to the meat.
And to accompany, some roasted potatoes or baked or some vegetables, as you like best.
- 500 gr. pork cheeks
- 40 gr. olive oil
- 100 gr. onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 130 gr. Pedro Ximénez
- 50 gr. whiskey
- 40 gr. orange juice
- Pour the oil out of the jar and heat 3 minutes, temperature 120ºC, speed 2.
- Add garlic and onion to pieces and program 5 minutes, temperature 120ºC, speed 1-S.
- Place the mixing paddle on the blades.
- Then enter into the jar the springy cheeks to taste, laurel, wine, whiskey and orange juice. Schedule 5 minutes, temperature 120ºC, speed 2 without dosing cap to evaporate alcohol.
- Then cook the cheeks between 30 and 40 minutes, temperature 100ºC, speed 2. You must watch that the salsa does not thicken too much and that the cheeks are well done. If on the contrary at the end of time the sauce is not caramelized, you can program a few more minutes at temperature 120ºC, speed 2 and without the dosing cap to evaporate part of the liquid.
- We only have to remove the cheeks and bay leaf, grind the sauce for 1 minute at speed 5 until completely homogeneous and pour over the cheeks.