This is not the first time I propose some porridge for breakfast. Last month we prepared some rich amaranth porridge with strawberries and roasted pear, remember? Today, we choose a simpler and more accessible alternative with oats as the main ingredient.
As I told you, porridge has become one of my favorite breakfasts this past year. I have tried many recipes but probably these porridge, banana and chocolate are my most recurring recipe. Feel great and accept numerous side dishes: cut fruit, nuts, dried fruit…
- 3 tablespoons oat flakes (unsweetened)
- 1 large banana
- 4 dates, minced
- 1 teaspoon pure cocoa
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1½ glasses of almond drink
- A handful of nuts
- We place in a saucepan oat flakes, half crushed banana, dates, vanilla essence, cocoa and almond drink.
- We put on the fire and when it starts to boil, lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes the mixture that will be thickening and taking consistency.
- Add more milk to correct the consistency if necessary; there are those who like thick porridge and who likes lighter.
- We serve the porridge in a bowl with the rest of the sliced banana and some nuts.