Salmorejo is a typical Andalusian dish, especially in the area of Córdoba, is a very complete dish composed of tomatoes, bread, oil, vinegar and bread, then depending on each house we accompany it with what we like, you can choose vegetables, boiled egg, chopped ham…
most important thing about this salmorejo recipe are the ingredients, which are of good quality, such as tomato, which in summer time is when they are more good, I use pear tomato that gives a lot of flavor and olive oil, a good oil gives a lot of flavor to this dish.
- 1 kilo of pear tomatoes
- 200 gr. bread from the previous day
- 1 garlic
- To accompany:
- Hard-boiled egg
- Chopped ham
- 1 cucumber
- We wash the tomatoes, peel and remove the stems.
- In a blender put chopped tomatoes, bread cut into pieces, garlic, a little oil, salt and vinegar, very little, then we will rectify it, beat everything, as we see we can pour more bread or tomato until we leave it as we like.
- Once beaten everything we passed through a sieve to make it finer. We taste it from salt and vinegar, until we leave it as we like it best.
- We will leave the salmorejo in the fridge cooling until serving it, it has to be very cool.
- When serving it we will put it in a few individual casseroles, it is better and accompany it with hard-boiled egg, cucumber and ham strips. I put it on a plate and every diner prepares it to his liking.
- You can put everything you like to accompany it, there are many vegetables that look great.
- And ready to eat!!!