At home we take advantage of Sundays to cook. We like to prepare in the morning a dish of legume and some cream to be calmer during the week. This zucchini and carrot cream is what we prepared this last week, do you dare to prepare it yourself too?
This cream is very simple to prepare, nourishing and light. It also does not carry any animal products among its ingredients, so it is suitable for a vegan diet. You can serve it with some classic croutons, with some minced pistachios or like me, with some simple ones.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 2 leeks
- 1 large potato
- Vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- We clean the vegetables and peel them. Cut zucchini, carrots, leeks and potatoes into pieces.
- We put the oil in a saucepan and fry for 2 minutes the vegetables so that they brown a little.
- Then we pour water and broth until we cover the vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Once it boils we lower the heat and cook over medium-low heat 20-30 minutes.
- Then, we grind all the ingredients -adding more water if necessary- and correct the salt point.
- We pour a little black pepper , stir and serve with croutons, nuts or seeds.